How do you turn a cruise ship around?
How do you eat an elephant?
One bite at a time.
Do you believe I can do this?
“Yes, Lord.” Matthew 9:28
Insert any catchy comment about patience, perseverance, or faith, and the last 5 months have embodied all of them.
Let’s bring you all up to speed since our hiatus:
• We sold our “perfect” 3,000 square foot home in the village.
• We started the path to minimalism. FYI, we still have a long ways to go.
• We are blessed with a new discipleship group. Sages!
• We EXPERIMENTED with tiny living in an Airstream travel-trailer but after 3-days…
• We decided to move into Chris’ mom’s basement.
• 2-months later, we bought a 60-year-old 1,500 square foot “Fixer-Upper.”
• Chris was accepted into the Masters of Recreational Therapy Program at Indiana University.
• Chris resigned from his corporate job.
• Harper is potty trained.
• Chris became a “Musketeer”
• We took a vacation to Texas to celebrate the Sterling’s wedding.
• The kid’s first airplane ride…”3, 2, 1, BLAST OFF!” shouted Harper on every takeoff.
• Leland started walking…at 8.5 months!
• Kylie started her program to become a Health Coach through Functional Medicine University.
• We officially filed the articles of organization (the fancy term for business application) for Revival Recreation, LLC…
It has been a whirlwind and the reason for the radio silence on our family’s journey. We needed to focus on turning our ship around, eating this elephant one bite at a time, and trusting in the Lord.
We needed an alignment; a unity of our lives, our vision, and our principles. To do so, we had to be strategic in our moves. We searched for a root cause, knowing that we had ended up in a place far from what God had placed on our hearts back when we first met.
We were distracted by comfort and comparison. We had to get back to our foundation; God’s desires for our lives. We needed to align ourselves with Him and get on the path He placed before us.
Our path isn’t just a family-business or a smaller house with minimalist trimmings. They aren’t the goals. They are the by-products of an aligned life; when we seek Him. Our goal is simple:
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
The details of our journey aren’t a prescription for everyone. Our journey isn’t a one size fits all, “Sell your stuff. Quit your job. Start a business,” process for mass production. It is not the solution. Everybody’s “straight path” is different, but they lead to the same place.
We want to share OUR journey on OUR path; the practical steps of alignment. We want to share what it looks like to “DO.” What it looks like to go back and establish a solid foundation. Revival is about REcreation.
Our family’s foundation is firm and ready.
Now it is time to ACT.
You are going to see some changes to our website in the upcoming days as we transition from talking the talk to walking the walk.
We have corrected our ship’s course. We are chewing this bite. We believe He can do this.
KJ & CJ